Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We are living in a Transparent and Authentic World



Being real is what it's all about. In this new world of instant communication, follower, likes, tweets, & blogs there is no time for bullshit anymore. Behind all these things are real people who can see BS coming from a mile away and you know what, they don't follow BS. You need to be authentic and real all the time because that is all that matters.


I love the idea that someone I only know on twitter is telling me what he's having for dinner and takes a picture to share. I may not like the food or the photo but he's not afraid of being real and you have to respect that. Some people feel these types of communication are trivial or useless but I look at them as authentic and real. When that same person puts up a link to his blog or product or service, I'm way more inclined to look at it because I know there is a real person behind it. He's not some robot blasting me with pitch after pitch saying look at me, look at me. That BS doesn't work anymore and I love it.


There has never been a more transparent time in the history of the world. Someone was live tweeting the attack on Osama bin Laden. I found out about the Japan Earthquake on Twitter first. The uprising and organization of a revolution against the Egyptian government all from Social Media. These things are happening in real time and they are not happening on your TV only anymore.


I love the future!!!!


Let me know what you think.


Follow me on Twitter.




This video is originally from Gary Vaynerchuk's personal website.


... Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment