Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is Happiness Still That New Car Smell?

I've been car free since November 2007. Before that I was leasing a VW Touareg (a sweet SUV). My lease was up and I heard about this thing called ZipCar. I decided to give it a try for a while and see if I could do with out a car and just use ZipCar from time to time when I really needed or wanted a Car. I am married with 2 kids and live in Brooklyn NY, so we have plenty of access to public transit.
It's been almost 2 years and I have to say it's one of the best decision I've made in a long time. I've saved tens of thousands of dollars, no lease payments, no issurance, no gas, no tickets, to parking fees. When I need a car I get a ZipCar, then I have a car.


Check out this great article in the NY Times.


Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment